As per AMB's development process, the 0.11.811 merge request has been
mainlined after a week of being open for discussion. New changes
- Thread safe updateProperty() call
- Priority queues: Instant, High, Normal and Low. Allows for routing
engine to route property changes according to priority.
- Proprietary plugin generation tool. Take a CANdb file or JSON file
and generate an AMB plugin (see tools/ folder)
- New franca IDL DBus API documentation file
- Performance enhancements
- EngineSpeed and VehicleSpeed API now more closely matches w3c
vehicle data spec API.
W3C alignment strategy
Long term, I believe it will be better to align to the W3C vehicle
data spec. This will happen slowly over time and will probably be
complete sometime in the 0.13 release timeframe. For 0.13, we will
not break API but only deprecate old APIs that do not align with the
W3C data spec. 0.14 will remove deprecated APIs.
These are my thoughts right now. Comments and suggestions welcome as always.
0.12 release plan:
We will probably freeze 0.12 for features soon. Following the freeze,
the goal is to fix all P1 and P2 bugs tracked in the tizen jira for
AMB before the final release. If there are new features after the
freeze, 0.12 will be branched from master and the new changes will
happen in master, including API alignment.
Those bugs are tracked here: