Thanks Julio, Graham.
First of all, my issue is fixed, and I am able to load container image completely by Clear
Then several things I did and findings accordingly.
1. I firstly upgraded cc-oci-runtime to 2.1.2 by `sudo apt-get install cc-oci-runtime`
which only upgrades the single package cc-oci-runtime, and it reports error at the
beginning that unable to restart cc-proxy.socket, as cc-proxy.service has already active,
2. So I disable cc-proxy.socket by `sudo systemctl stop cc-proxy.socket` and `sudo
systemctl disable cc-proxy.socket`. Still report the error when installing
3. I reboot my Ubuntu, this time upgrading cc-oci-runtime is successful. Restart
cc-proxy.socket by `sudo systemctl enable cc-proxy.socket` and `sudo systemctl start
4. Till now, I still faced the same issue that docker run with CC runtime will stuck in
the middle when loading container image.
5. I did a system upgrade by `sudo apt-get ugprade`, which upgrades docker-engine,
clear-containers-image, as well as other system packages.
6. Afterwards, docker-engine was upgrade to 17.03.1, and I tried both Docker runtime
(runc), and CC runtime (cor), they can load container image completely.
7. Then I did a downgrade of docker-engine back to 1.12.1, the issue is still gone, I
think it is fixed at this time (or maybe at step 6).
Following that, I guess there might be some system libraries or upgrade that I missed to
cause the issue. I will use it more and see if the issue appears again.
Also upgrading cc-oci-runtime seems to have issues with cc-proxy.socket, users have to
manually disable cc-proxy service firstly so as to make upgrade successfully. FYI.
And to answer Graham's questions,
1. It is the only/first container I've launched.
2. It is a bare metal installation, I didn't use a virtual machine. Docker and CC are
installed on physical Ubuntu 16.04 host environment.
3. Host machine has 16GB mem and 470GB free space out of 480G storage.
From: Whaley, Graham
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 11:22 PM
To: Montes, Julio <julio.montes(a)intel.com>; cc-devel(a)lists.01.org; Li, Horace
Subject: RE: [cc-devel] Issues when loading container image by CC 2.1
If that does not work Horace, could you also supply us some other bits of information:
- is this the only/first container you have launched
- is this a bare metal machine, or a virtual machine (nested KVM for instance)
- how much RAM and 'free' space does the machine have
Just in case any of that is pertinent, it will help our response time :-)
Thanks (and thanks Julio for picking this up)
From: cc-devel [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 4:08 PM
To: cc-devel(a)lists.01.org; Li, Horace <horace.li(a)intel.com>
Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Issues when loading container image by CC 2.1
Yesterday CC 2.1.2 was release, could you please try again but now
using this new version ?
On Fri, 2017-03-31 at 00:37 +0000, Li, Horace wrote:
cc-devel mailing list