On 07.01.20 17:38, nick83ola wrote:
I have to manage a modem with connman through dbus and I'm
work on the ofono plugin to add the APN handling but I'm not familiar
with connman code.
Connman is already creating a ofono internet context by default for
the modem but it doesn't offer the possibility to configure the APN
(and user/password) for the connection.
Where you would put the dbus method to set the APN for a particular
See oFono documentation on Connection Context.
I would prefer if possible only to connect to connman not
* The way this plugin works is following:
* powered -> SubscriberIdentity or Online = True -> gprs, context ->
* attached -> netreg -> ready
* Depending on the modem type, this plugin will behave differently.
* GSM working flow:
* When a new modem appears, the plugin always powers it up. This
* allows the plugin to create a connman_device. The core will call
* modem_enable() if the technology is enabled. modem_enable() will
* then set the modem online. If the technology is disabled then
* modem_disable() will just set the modem offline. The modem is
* always kept powered all the time.
* After setting the modem online the plugin waits for the
* ConnectionManager and ConnectionContext to appear. When the context
* signals that it is attached and the NetworkRegistration interface
* appears, a new Service will be created and registered at the core.
* When asked to connect to the network (network_connect()) the plugin
* will set the Active property on the context. If this operation is
* successful the modem is connected to the network. oFono will inform
* the plugin about IP configuration through the updating the context's
I have only a vague memory on this topic, but I think to remember that
oFono will only show the CM if the APN was provisioned in oFono. Maybe I
have false memory on it.