We've been discussing ideas for handling MPTCP metadata (DSS mappings,
ADD_ADDR, REMOVE_ADDR, etc) with a manageable amount of impact on the TCP
stack and networking subsystem.
I've written up some design proposals on our wiki:
(see the "Metadata queuing" section).
I'd appreciate any comments and feedback.
We just had our 16th meeting with Mat, Ossama, Peter (Intel OTC),
Christoph (Apple) and myself (Tessares).
Thanks again for this new good meeting!
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
- we received notes that will be shared somewhere (LWN?)
- Mat will reply that it is OK, maybe with new comments from Peter
(if we need to share more messages).
- any news nor feedback (but deadline is on the 15th of August)
RFC about a design/API:
- will be about: DSS mapping in/out + ADD_ADDR (and other
asynchronous signaling) in/out → related to skb
- note: all signaling options on ACK we have are async, and not
reliable (even Fast close with the latest RFC6824bis)
@Christoph: even the RST after the Fast close?
- work in progress by Mat
- there are still some questions about using an additional queue but
after more thoughts about that, the notes will be shared on the wiki.
testing the latest mptcp_net-next:
- didn't have chance to do that but in progress for Matth, will
continue this week
- Mat: new design on the wiki
- Mat: send reply for Netdev notes
- Peter: working on MP_JOIN stuff
- Peter: check the Netdev notes with Mat
- Christoph: MPTCPv1 + bug fixes
- Ossama: more debugging on userspace code and sync with latest
changes from Peter/Mat
- Matth: use recent kernel and maybe mptcp_net-next with our
test-suite. + update netlink code after that.
- We propose to have it back on Thursday, the 9th of August then.
Usual time 9am PDT - 16:00 UTC (9am PDT, 6pm CEST)
- Still open to everyone!
Feel free to comment on these points and propose new ones for the next
Talk to you next week,
Matthieu Baerts | R&D Engineer
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager. This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is