as you mentioned you are working on some kind of next release. I wonder if
you could add a patch or let me know how I can add it (attached).
I found out it should not destroy here as it is being (probably) cleaned up
somewhere else. Destroying here crashes.
I also wonder if we would be able to use openobex2 (1.7) in the new version.
thank you in advance
[Most of the text below was written in December 2019, but than
unintentionally sent to an internal mailing list - no surprise that I
never got any response!]
Over the Christmas holidays I worked on building a new SyncEvolution release. My
current goal is to build for Ubuntu Bionic (most
recent LTS) and support those binaries on all more recent Debian and
If possible, I'd like to drop unused features if they require extra
effort. This mostly depends if someone still needs them. Let me list
some features that I'd like to remove. If you still need them, please
* At the top of that list is ActiveSync support. activesyncd no longer
builds on Debian Stretch because it depends on libgnome-keyring, which
was removed. It probably can be ported to libsecret, but that's
* x86 (i.e. 32 bit) binaries - it doubles the testing effort.
* RPMs - they never had proper dependencies and I am not sure whether
they ever worked at all.
* Akonadi support and KDE in general.
I first encountered problem with Akonadi in Debian Stretch and reported
it here with a stand-alone reproducer:
But as pointed out in that issue, the API that SyncEvolution uses is no
longer supported and thus SyncEvolution would have to be ported to the
current API, whatever that is - I haven't investigated that.
* Port to Python 3 and stop supporting Python 2.
Regarding the source code, I'd like merge all pending patches. This
obviously includes all the changes that are required to build on more
recent Linux distros, but also the C++ modernization that I started a
The result will be more than just a simple bug fix release, but also not
something that has any new user-visible features. I'm not entirely happy
with that, but I also don't want to be stuck completely in pure
I got testing on the newer Linux distros working with the updated code
base already beginning of this year, but then got stuck because of a
regression and lack of time to dig into that. Since then, the apt repo
keys expired and I haven't renewed them because the binaries probably
wouldn't work anyway.
I suppose users would like to see binaries again, primarily because
SyncEvolution fell out of Debian/Ubuntu?
I can't syncronize any more. After 7 years of successful sync via
Funambol server, it is not working.
This is the error:
First ERROR encountered: error code from SyncEvolution error parsing
config file (local, status 20010): calmobile: backend not supported by
any of the backend modules (syncxmlrpc, synctdepimnotes, synctdepimcal,
synctdepimabc, syncsqlite, syncqtcontacts, syncpbap, syncmaemocal,
synckcalextended, syncfile, syncdav, provideroauth2, providergoa,
platformtde, platformkde, platformgnome) or not correctly configured
(backend=calendar databaseFormat= syncFormat=text/calendar
Funambol Server is up and running.
I also tried the syncevo-http-server. I installed it and it is running
But when I try to follow the HOWTO I get the following error:
First ERROR encountered: error code from SyncEvolution fatal error
(local, status 10500): no datastores active, check configuration
Can you please help?
I'm rebuilding SyncEvolution 1.5.3 under Fedora Rawhide (to be Fedora 33),
which has boost 1.73.0 and this boost version has changed behavior of
the bind.hpp, as shown in the build log:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/bind.hpp:30,
/usr/include/boost/bind.hpp:36:1: note: '#pragma message: The
practice of declaring the Bind placeholders (_1, _2, ...) in the
global namespace is deprecated. Please use <boost/bind/bind.hpp> +
using namespace boost::placeholders, or define
BOOST_BIND_GLOBAL_PLACEHOLDERS to retain the current behavior.'
36 | BOOST_PRAGMA_MESSAGE(
The above is only a message, which leads to a build break later in the
src/syncevo/Cmdline.cpp: In member function 'bool SyncEvo::Cmdline::run()':
src/syncevo/Cmdline.cpp:1426:65: error: '_1' was not declared in this scope
1426 | processLUIDs(source, boost::bind(ShowLUID, logging, _1));
Declaring the BOOST_BIND_GLOBAL_PLACEHOLDERS mutes the message, but it
doesn't fix the build.
I'd propose a patch, but I do not know a single bit of the boost
library. I'm sorry.